Worksheet 12.1.4: Environmental Considerations
- They contain toxic materials such as mercury and lead.
- They contain toxic materials such as lead together with other materials such as plastics
and barium which are harmful to the environment.
- If released into the atmosphere these chemicals cause significant damage. Some aerosols
don't get completely used up and hence can explode when exposed to heat.
- refilled, recycled
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- To highlight hazards associated with the products and to give information on how to
handle them safely.
- hazardous ingredients
- reactivity data, including fire and explosion data
- spill or leak procedures
- health hazard information
Worksheet 12.2.1: Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
- ElectroStatic Discharge
- antistatic bags
- wrist straps
- 20% and 50%
- wrist strap
Worksheet 12.3.5: Preventative Maintenance for Components
- Compressed air
- The complete loss of power for any amount of time.
- A reduction in power for any amount of time.
- Interference from radio broadcasts, motors/generators, and lighting.
- A sudden increase in voltage that is much higher than normal levels (very short
- A brief increase in voltage useually caused by demand fluctuation in the local
- Used to clamp voltage below a certain level, mostly used to stop spikes.
- A power supply with backup battery to supply power after incoming voltage drops
below a normal level.
- A power supply with battery power that maintains output at normal levels when
input power fails.